- GMFJ Reference
37.50 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
- Approx. Duration
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
There are numerous electrical maintenance roles at AWE such as power distribution systems installation, electrical testing and inspection, maintenance on both high and low voltage systems and work on lightning protection systems.
Electrical Maintenance may appeal to you if you enjoy:
- Understanding how electrical assemblies work
- Understand how high voltage and low voltage systems work
- Testing and inspection activities
- Problem solving and fault-finding activities
- Being hands on
- Applying engineering principles into real life scenarios
Duration of training: 3 - 4 years (varies depending on personal performance)
Location: You will be based at Aldermaston (close to Reading)
What AWE offer:
- A starting salary of £16,000. This increases annually with second year salary being £20,500
- A market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours per year) and excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight. This means that every other Friday you won’t be required to work!
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- Access to employee discounts portal – for everyday savings on retail, hospitality and leisure
Alongside these benefits you will get the opportunity to learn from some of the top leaders in their field whilst helping us to continue to deliver national nuclear security, threat reduction and counter-terrorism solutions.
The start date for all Apprenticeships in 2024 is Monday 12th August 2024. Annual leave will not be granted for weeks commencing 12th and 19th August and 11th September, due to mandatory inductions and the requirement for you to complete as part of your apprenticeship.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role. Please note that you must be a British National to apply for a role.
The deadline line for applications is Sunday October 29th. The earlier you apply the better chance you have of success.
For more information about this vacancy please contact GetMyFirstJob Recruitment on firstname.lastname@example.org (Ref ID: 239473)
Company website : https://www.awe.co.uk/careers/early-careers/apprenticeships/
You'll need to demonstrate:
- A practical aptitude for engineering or technology
- Computer literacy (PC)
- Excellent team working skills
- Good communication skills
- Awareness of health and safety
- The ability to follow instructions
- The ability to concentrate for long periods
- A passion and motivation for this profession
5 GCSE’s at grade 4/C or above to include Maths and English
Applicants must be aged 16 or over, as of 12th August 2024 due to security clearance requirements
During your first two years, you will train in AWE's Skills Academy, as well as attend day release at college. This is where you learn all about electrical theory, cabling and wiring infrastructure.
You will then go on to individually produce around 40 small projects, where you will be involved in designing, installing, repairing, and maintaining electrical systems. Electrical apprentices are typically trained to an advanced level, and this is a three-year scheme.
After 18 months you'll leave the Academy to join the qualified trades people on site where you will receive on the job training. Typically, this will involve six separate three-month placements, which will broaden your electrical knowledge and expose you to the full spectrum of our plant and facilities. These placements can include facility engineering, electrical utilities, and design compliance, & lightning protection systems.
If you currently hold a Level 3 Diploma in Engineering or similar, you should consider applying for a Degree level apprenticeship.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.
Please note that you must be a British National to apply for a role.
AWE have an ambition to create workplaces where they recognise and celebrate differences, encourage diverse contributions and our employees feel able to be themselves at work. They strive to create a genuine culture of openness and inclusion and encourage diverse applicants.
Any inclusion information you provide will be used to encourage and support you through the application process and will be held only for this purpose in accordance with GDPR.