- GMFJ Reference
37.50 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
- Approx. Duration
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
During your apprenticeship journey, you will learn the following skills:
- Preparing and setting up optical equipment
- Assembly and metrology of complex physics experiments
- Operating diagnostic equipment
- Use of specialist laboratory equipment
- Checking and reporting of results
- Laboratory safety
- Handling of hazardous substances- awareness of radioactive and explosive materials
- Quality and its application in a laboratory environment
- Customer service skills
In addition, you will also be given the opportunity for personal development through activities such as team building challenges, organisational awareness presentations, health and safety workshops and charity projects.
The deadline line for applications is Sunday October 29th. The earlier you apply the better chance you have of success.
For more information about this vacancy please contact GetMyFirstJob Recruitment on email@example.com (Ref ID: 239470)
Company website : https://www.awe.co.uk/careers/early-careers/apprenticeships/
- Excellent team working skills
- Good communication skills
- Awareness of health and safety
- The ability to follow instructions
- The ability to concentrate for long periods
- A real passion for this type of work
5 GCSE’s at grade 4/C or above to include Maths and English
During the time in placements you will undertake and complete various laboratory-based projects which will enable you to develop a complete set of skills and knowledge required to work successfully at AWE.
A part of this role will require wearing Health and Safety equipment such as a respirator. Therefore, successful candidates will need to undergo a medical assessment for suitability for the position within the required parameters for the health and safety equipment’s requirements.
Must be age 18 or above as of
12th August 2024 for Security Clearance requirements for the role.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.
Please note that you must be a British National to apply for a role.
AWE's ambition is to create workplaces where they recognise and celebrate differences, encourage diverse contributions and our employees feel able to be themselves at work.
AWE strive to create a genuine culture of openness and inclusion and encourage diverse applicants.
Any inclusion information you provide will be used to encourage and support you through the application process and will be held only for this purpose in accordance with GDPR.